Interested in a new exciting challenge?
Senior Network Specialist
Cirrus9’s Technical Services team is expanding and seeking an additional Senior Network Specialist. The successful candidate must be skilled at designing and implementing network solutions based on business requirements. We need someone who will thrive on planning, designing, implementing and supporting complex network infrastructures.
If you are excited about working with leading edge technologies to deliver customer satisfaction in a dynamic environment then we want to hear from you!
- Serve as a solution designer on various network initiatives for Cirrus9’s clients;
- Collaborate with customers, technical staff and management to define business and technical requirements;
- Produce technical solution that align to customer’s needs and direction;
- Create high level and low level design documents in support of the solutions;
- Adhere to standards, architecture and manage implementation timeframes;
- Provide expert consultation and troubleshooting for network incidents;
- Evaluate and make recommendations on emerging network technologies;
- Craft technical and business documentation;
- Provide mentoring and skills-transfer to non-network specialists;
- Promote Cirrus9 with our customers;
- Completion of a (4) four-year degree program in Computer Science or related discipline, or equivalent experience;
- Minimum of (7) seven years relevant experience in network design, installation and support;
- Vendor certifications (such as CCNA, CCIE, VMware VCP) are considered an asset;;
- Demonstrated experience in a service provider environment is an asset;
- Ability to correlate dependencies of all technology components (software, hardware, servers, networks, etc.);
- Expert knowledge of the OSI stack, routing protocols and firewall security in a multi-tenant, multi-site data center environment;
- VPN and Private Network hands on experience;
- Experience connecting sites via metro and long-haul optical networks;
- Advanced knowledge in Cisco and Juniper Networking devices;
- Expert knowledge of a variety of network management tools, test equipment, data circuits, and routers;
- Excellent interpersonal, organizational, customer service, and communications skills;
- Please provide your resume to:
Short-listed candidates will be contacted. All resumes will be kept on file and reviewed against future opportunities.
Thank you for your interest!